IGMH

Patients transferred out of ER after smoke began rising

The patients at the Emergency Room (ER) at the Indira Gandhi Memorial Hospital (IGMH) has been evacuated after smoke was detected.

One Online learned that all the patients in the ER was moved to the Physiotherapy Room.

MNDF said that the smoke was reported this morning around 10:07 a.m. and a team of Fire and Rescue Service was dispatched to the hospital to control the smoke.

Our journalist reporting from IGMH confirmed that the smoke from the ER has been controlled.

MNDF Fire and Rescue said that the smoke began rising after a battery on an engine at the old building caught fire. They said that fire has been extinguished and the smoke is being cleared.

Sources have told One Online that the engine room in question is very close to the ER. And damage from the incident was mostly contained to the engine room.